ELKEN INTERNATIONAL HONG KONG LTD.
PERSONAL DATA (PRIVACY) ORDINANCE NOTICE
The Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (hereinafter referred to as the “Ordinance”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Elken International Hong Kong Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Elken”, “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Ordinance.
1. This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of Elken and your personal data was, or may be collected in the future, from the information you have provided us during registration for System Member and Leadership Seminars, campaigns, oversea trips, meetings, camps, workshops, trainings, forums and any other events organized by Elken.
2. The personal data processed by us may include but not limited to your name, identity card number, contacts, any other personal data relating the physical and/or other relevant health/condition and other information for the following purposes:-
a. to process your application;
b. to support your distributorship/customer relationship;
c. to administer your payment transactions, commission payments, benefits, rebates due and/or loan facilities;
d. to publish in Elken’s advertisements, promotions and communications;
e. to administer your participation in our meetings, workshops, events or travel campaigns;
f. to provide you with information and training relating to our products and services, business opportunities and the products and services of our business partners;
g. to contact you;
h. to respond to your inquiries or conduct internal surveys and related activities;
i. to comply with applicable laws, assist with any governmental or police investigation and/or obtain legal advice to ensure compliance with Elken Distributors’ Rules & Regulations, Code of Ethics and other policies and procedures; and
j. other purposes, directly or indirectly relating to any of the above and Elken’s activities.
(hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Purposes”)
If you fail to supply to us the personal data, or if you subsequently withdraw your consent to process the same (other than for purposes of direct marketing), we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
3. Your personal data may be disclosed to the network, our related corporations, business partners, distributors and/or service providers for any of the Purposes or any purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes. Further, your personal data may be transferred to locations outside Hong Kong.
4. Whilst we strive to keep your information or data accurately recorded, you are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete, not misleading and u p-to-date. If you wish to request for access or correction of your personal data and/or limit the processing of your personal data, or make any enquiries in respect of your personal data, please contact:-
|Designation||Personal Data Protection Officer|
|Telephone No.||3181 5000|
|Fax No. (if any)||3181 5060|
We reserve the right to charge a fee for data access request. We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data under the Ordinance and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
5. When you give us personal data or information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed, consented or authorized you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and to receive on their behalf any data protection notices.
6. In the event of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of this notice, the English version shall prevail.